Determined to create a map that would display this hidden underside of England, he spent 20 years traveling the country and studying rock outcrops and fossils.
In , Smith published his groundbreaking geological map. Winchester's wonderful account does credit to it. In he was awarded the OBE. He lives in western Massachusetts and New York City.
the map that changed the world in all shops | ekyriwuwoh.gq
Simon Winchester Speakers Bureau Link. Thank you for signing up to receive news about Simon Winchester. Tell us more about what you like to read so we can send you the best offers and opportunities. Do you primarily buy books in a country other than the US? Please choose from the dropdown.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Would you like to receive any of the following newsletters? Thank you for your interest in HarperCollins authors. An email has been sent to your parent or guardian.
Simon Winchester takes the reader on an extraordinary journey through He resides in western Massachusetts. Simon Winchester.
The Map That Changed the World: William Smith and the Birth of Modern Geology
The map that changed the world: the tale of William Smith and the birth of a Grid List. Order By: Top Matches.
- The Map That Changed the World: William Smith and the Birth of Modern Geology (Paperback).
- Account Options.
- Your audiobook is waiting….
- The Map That Changed the World (Audiobook) by Simon Winchester | ekyriwuwoh.gq.
In stock online Available in stores. Kobo ebook. Available for download Not available in stores. In , a canal digger named William Smith made a startling discovery. He found that by tracing the placement of fossils, which he uncovered in his excavations, one could follow layers of rocks as they dipped and rose and fell—clear across England and, indeed,…. Out of stock online Not available in stores.
ISBN 13: 9780060193614
Illustrated with one hundred of the world's most beautiful and fascinating maps. Hardcover sold out. Find This Item in Store Not sold in stores.
- Brotherly love: murder and the politics of prejudice in nineteenth-century Rhode Island.
- Love, Etc.
- The Map That Changed the World: William Smith and the Birth of Modern Geology by - ekyriwuwoh.gq.
- Revolutionizing Romance: Interracial Couples in Contemporary Cuba.
- Search form?